Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They shine for you

More about the retreat.. Based around ‘living for greatness’
Ok so.. this gets very personal… and I’m not usually one to let my emotions this much.. but its important, so its all good..

Yellow -Coldplay

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so


Ok,,, so i'm not a fan of cold play, i dunno there has always been something about them i don’t like, its odd. Weird, because they sound a lot like another band that i love,. hum haha. So this song was used for a drama that they did at the retreat, at the beginning of adoration on Saturday night. (in the church) It was time for us all to be quiet and to pray. The skit was all in all about how God died for our sins, for us, i was surprised when i heard it playing along with 'yellow' because i never really thought of the words in that way. But it was touching; truly, it hit me, very suddenly. (I was watching the drama, which was letting the music speak for their actions..) Jesus was with the girl, pointing to the stars;
"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, "
then brought out the bible..pionting out;
"I came along, I wrote a song for you"
anywho, then some guys came out stole Jesus away and starting 'beating' him and placing the crowns of thorns on his head "So then I took my turn, Oh all the things I've done"
Then nailing him to the cross...
"Your skin Oh yeah your skin and bones Turn into something beautiful D'you know you know I love you so You know I love you so "

So....I have always known this for the truth and i have always believed Jesus died for me; everyone. But at that moment when they started beating on him, i broke... I started crying...with my hands covering my face... I have been praying lately for God to actually make me 'get it'. Since i have had this faith my whole life, i have been half in it, in a way. I didn’t find God by myself... If you know what i mean...
But that night was ... amazing.. I cried for a long time... Then as planned the small group leaders came around to pray with each person in their group, so when Heather and Jaquie came to me, I was weeping …I felt lots of things I haven’t before, and oh so vulnerable…
Then Heather inquired if I had any pray requests, I knew exactly what to pray for…. But it was very hard to even get it out, one sob after another. Then she was praying over me… she started off: “ Thank you God for you Beautiful daughter, Kandace” At this point I let out something like a gasp... as if I were in disbelief….
I felt this overwhelming awe, was if my eyes had just been opened. I had been felling hurt from a lose, I felt in so much need for healing.

I now feel so lucky to be in the position that I am in, to know the truth. Being at that retreat made me feel like I belonged, everyone was on the same page. They were there because they wanted to be there, not because they were told to.
I met some amazing people, heard awesome talks, and witnessed people living for life, as it should be. Ultimately we are to ‘Live for greatness’.

God bless you ...

you Amazing people =)

-Kandace

No comments:

friendly creepers =)